If you are looking for what people call it to be a “gentleman’s knife” then you should definitely check out our Spyderco Centofante 3 review we’ve written for you. This is because this knife is a really slick-looking and elegant knife that can be carried around both in your backyard as well as at black-tie events.
Ever since Spyderco has started its collaboration with Frank Centofante, they have been told that their knives are different, even somewhat peculiar. But that has not stopped him to reach where he is now. Because of his curiosity, his knives have introduced new and radical features into the knife industry. This includes serrations on a folder, opening with one hand, as well as a clip to attach the knife to a pocket.
They are constantly throwing themselves into research, trying to come up with ground-breaking and innovative designs. Their main purpose is to provide quality and reliability through their knives. This is because making knives that deliver consistent high-performance requires a strict dedication to testing. And in this highly competitive industry, there are no second chances.
So when you purchase a Spyderco Centofante 3 (Amazon has the best deal we’ve found), you are not only purchasing a multi-purpose knife. You are purchasing a high-quality cutting tool which has been designed and manufactured for ergonomic comfort and peak performance. That is why you will see that all the sensible buyers tend to carry a Spyderco Centofante 3 in their pockets.
The Centofante 3 offers a sleek profile thinks to its lightweight fiberglass reinforced nylon handle. For improved grip, two channels have been furrowed into the handle. There is also an eye-catching palladium silver Spyderco bug engraved on the handle’s surface.
This is to show the world that you are carrying a knife which is the best of the best. The back-lock is positioned at the center of the blade’s spine for improved security and convenience. The razor sharp VG-10 steel blade has both a Swede grind as well as a hollo grind for versatile uses. As for when you will be on the move, there is a black steel pocket clip. It also offers a variety of configurations.
>> Click for HD pictures and customer reviews on Amazon <<
- Made using materials of the highest quality
- Continuously tested for durability and quality
- The most trusted name in the knife industry
- Sleek profile with lightweight fiberglass reinforced nylon handle
- Two channels furrowed into handle for better grip
- Back-lock positioned at the midpoint of the blade’s surface
- VG-10 steel having both hollow and Swede grind
- Includes limited manufacturer’s warranty
- 56 inches in open length
- 5 inches in closed length
- 125 inches of VG-10 steel blade
- Blade hole of 0.5 inches
- 3 inches of cutting edge
- 008 inches of blade thickness
- Weight: 2.5 ounces
- Made in Japan
- Product dimensions: 6.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches
- Shipping weight: 1.6 ounces
Blade and construction
.This is probably the best aspect of Spyderco Centofante 3 review. A blade that has a cutting edge of almost the same size as the knife itself is not a very common sight. That is why it becomes even more useful in a small knife like this. The drop clip shaped blade has a hollow grind and a fat belly. This comes in very handy for slicing things.
The spine of the blade also has some extra toughness. This allows you to stick in your thumb and thus grant yourself greater grip and control. You also have the option of placing your index finger on the knife when stripping or slicing for stability. This is extremely useful when you are trying to pry something off.
The oversized hole on the blade has been placed so that the opening blade can be smooth, quick, and easy on without gloves. It may take some time to break into it. But once you fall into the regular pattern, this knife performs excellently.
Grip, handle, and feel
The linerless FRN handle on this knife is truly a pleasure to handle (and it’s not only my own opinion as tens of Centofante 3 buyers on Amazon reported a similar experience) The material used in this knife is undoubtedly one of the sturdiest materials you can get on the market. There is a really nice Spyderco emblem on the knife which adds a nice finishing touch to it. It also seems quite attractive as well. The clip which has been included has a really nice profile. It seems to blend in quite nicely since that is also black.
- A black pocket clip
- A Spyderco emblem on the midpoint of the knife’s surface
- Two types of grips being offered
- Great blade of steel makes it of the best, if not the best spyderco knife (according to many customers)
- The VG-10 steel has a balance of corrosion resistance and edge holding
- The additional Vanadium allows the knife to be sharpened to a highly refined edge
- Thin blade which adds to slicing capabilities
- Very rigid steel used which does not allow flimsiness
- Great deployment
- Makes the opening easier for people with wet or sticky thumbs, short nails, or gloved fingers
- Thumb hole helps in lessening the weight without compromising the blade’s strength
- Nice and stiff pocket clip
- The black color allows it to blend in with the knife
- Handle is curbed downward and gets a bit thicker
- Makes for good grip because of the way it contours on the hand
- Not much texturing on the handle
- Makes the whole knife pretty slick
- Should have screws so that it could be adjusted to desired tightness
- Must provide cleaning solution to prevent rust
>> Check Amazon for the best deal on Centofante 3 <<
Spyderco Centofante 3 Review: Our Notes
After going through the whole Spyderco Centofante 3 review, it is safe to say that the Centofante 3 is all over a pretty great knife. It is also extremely useful. For the price, it is not only delivering aesthetics but quality as well. It can definitely handle all of your daily tasks without a hitch. It is also a pretty long-lasting knife. So you will not have to worry about switching it up every now and then. Even with its sharp blades, there is nothing to be scared about. The firm grips ensures that you are not injured in any way while using the knife. Also, it is one of those knives which requires very little sharpening.
Best Deal: Amazon (here's a direct link)