If you are looking for a knife which will satisfy your daily cutting and slicing needs, then check out my Spyderco Temperance 2 review. This knife is Spyderco’s latest evolution in their popular fixed-blade and tested design. We are not alone saying this – all customer reviews on Amazon are full 5 stars at the time of writing this review. Let’s see if they are right.
Spyderco Temperance 2 Review: All Details At a Glance
- Made of the highest-quality materials
- Tested for durability and quality
- The most trusted name in your cutlery needs
- Latest evolution of the field-proven Spyderco fixed-blade knife
- Leaf-shaped blade
- Full distal taper
- Skeletonized full tang
- Full flat-ground VG-10 stainless steel blade with PlainEdge cutting edge
- Bead-blasted contoured Micarta grip panels
- Molded Boltaron sheath with versatile G-clip mounting hardware
- See more details on the product page
- Blade length of 124 mm
- Cutting edge of 122 mm
- Blade thickness of 4 mm
- Overall length of 247 mm
- Hole diameter of 6 mm
- Product dimensions: 10.2 x 3.5 x 1.2 inches
- Weight of 6.7 ounces
- Shipping weight of 12 ounces
Spyderco has remained true to its tradition and included their trademark VG-10 steel with a leaf-shaped blade. The blade shape, along with the Micarta scales results in a very strong knife with great balance. The tang also has milled out portions which helps in reducing weight and increasing flexibility. This knife has been considered ideal for those who love backpacking and those who prefer travelling light.
Ergonomics and handle material
The handle features fully contoured Micarta scales which have been bead blasted. This is to ensure that the knife provides an enhanced texture for maximum amount of comfort. The Temperance 2 also has a slightly flatter design which makes it easy for carrying. The positioning of the jimping or thumb ramp has been adjusted for additional flexibility.
The enclosed sheath has been made of high quality Boltaron. This helps in providing maximum reliability and safety. The lightweight polymer has been successful in retaining its shape while at the same time being resistant to chemicals and extreme temperatures. The sheath also provides an option of strap attachment, belt carry, and other portability options. The leveraging push-off point allows you to safely position your hand. This reduces the possibility of your thumb getting in between your slicing or cutting actions.
The sheath also comes with a pocket clip which can be used in five ways. This allows the knife to be safely carried in pockets without being an obstacle.
Spyderco Temperance 2: The Pros & Cons
- Skeletonized full tang helps in providing exceptional handling and balance characteristics
- Contoured Micarta grips ensure tighter grip
- Incredible attention to detail
- Will hold up to most of your needs
- Knife may need a refinement
- A bit pricey (fortunately, we’ve a solid discount on Amazon)
Spyderco Temperance2 Review: Our Notes
This now brings us to the end of my Spyderco Temperance 2 review. In my opinion, I find the latest version of the Temperance model to be one of the finest knives available and for many of users also one of the top Spyderco blade. This is true for both collectors and users looking for everyday use.
Hopefully, this Spyderco Temperance 2 review will be helpful for you the next time you are looking to add a knife to your collection.
This Temperance2 feels great in hand and is light enough to be carried around everywhere. With all these features being provided, it is no wonder as to why it is considered to be Spyderco’s more expensive offerings. It's an amazing, highest quality knife so it's pretty natural it's going to be a bit more expensive. But if you can afford it, then don't resist the temptation to get yourself one (here's the best deal we've found).